Responses to the Consultation Draft welcomed by 28th November 2014
In the context of CESA’s long commitment to children’s education and of its ongoing work, CESA’s theological reflection on the meaning of children and childhood – Children: Close to the Mystery of God – is offered to Catholic schools and communities across CESA as a stimulus to reflect on childhood in light of our Christian faith and Catholic Tradition. We provide here a consultation draft and invite you to engage in a consultation process to provide reflections and suggestions on the text, before a final version is published.
Prepared as part of the CESAs Reimagining Childhood initiative, we hope that the reflection will nourish theological reflection in our schools—to affirm and challenge school leaders, parents, and teachers to a renewed appreciation of children’s immense value, and that it will support the ongoing renewal and transformation of learning, teaching and formation across schools and CEO services.
For the purposes of this document, the age of a child is broadly understood and includes the newborn, toddlers, the young child and the adolescent, all of whom are embraced in “reimagining childhood 0-18”.
You are able to participate in the consultation process by
- attending the coming twilight session Children: Close to the Mystery of God – a consultation conversation, on 12 November
- following the link to our on-line survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XY9GTPK
- or by leaving a reply to the questions below or engaging in the conversation:
- In what ways will the Children: Close to the Mystery of God Stimulus Paper support you to reflect upon and ‘support the ongoing renewal and transformation of learning, teaching and formation’ in your community’s context?
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the draft paper’s text?
Please note: If you experience problems submitting a reply to this page, please ensure you have https at the start of the website address. For example: https://cesareimagining.edublogs.org.